Calendar and Hours of Operation
Generally, classes will begin the day after Labor Day and will end the week before Memorial Day. We base our schedule on the Grayslake School District calendar.
The following classes are scheduled for children ages three and up. However, a child attending the Tuesday/Thursday morning class can turn 3 as late as December 31st, but cannot begin class until he/she is 3:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. 3-5 year olds
- Tuesday/Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. 3-5 year olds
- MWF & T/TH (5 day option) ` 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Enrichment W/F 8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m.
*Must be 4 and entering kindergarten the following year
Typical Daily Schedule
(The afternoon class will follow a similar schedule)
- 9:00-9:20 Arrival, Welcome, Class Meeting and Prayer
- 9:20-10:00 Activity Time – Children, directed by their own interests and curiosity, will be involved in many hands on activities crossing all modalities of learning.
- 10:00-10:10 Clean Up Time
- 10:10-10:35 Circle Time- Children are engaged in language activities such as Bible stories, discussions, fingerplays, etc. as well as movement activities and daily activities and lessons (including weather, birthdays, etc.)
- 10:35-10:50 Washroom Prayer and Snack Time – Children sit at the table with teachers, and a preschool child leads the class in prayer. Then the children have snack.
- 10:50-11:00 Wash hands and book time- Children wash hands and then sit on the rug to look at/read a book independently or with friends
- 11:00-11:25 Large Motor Activity Outdoors-playground equipment, riding toys, bubbles, kites, chalk or Indoors- group games, parachute play, music and movement
- 11:25-11:30 Dismissal and Closing
** Please see director for a copy of the K.E.E.P. class schedule
** Chapel Time: Children will go into the worship center with worship leader and be introduced to a Bible Story related to weekly or monthly theme. Library Time: Will be once a month during the same time.
Some field trips off church property may be scheduled throughout the year to enrich the curriculum and expand the learning program. Parents will be asked to sign a permission slip prior to your child going on any trips. Parents are responsible for transporting their own children to and from the event.
Calendar and Extreme Weather Days
Precious Lambs Preschool will closely follow and observe the same major holidays as the Grayslake Public School District #46. Parents will be given a school calendar detailing our school year upon enrollment.
In the case of severe weather, or other circumstances beyond our control, parents will be notified of school closings via our website and a text message as well as email. We will also do our best to post it on www.emergencyclosings.com. Days that we are closed due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances will not be made up.